Gateway Home Inspection Services
Scheduling an inspection with Gateway Home Inspection Services is an easy way to get the inspection you need. As a Top-Tier Service Company, our convenient services let you schedule a home inspection when it is best for you.
Home Inspection Services
A home inspection is imperative if you are considering purchasing a new home. Inspections are also a good idea if you are selling a home. Whether buying or selling, contact Gateway Home Inspection Services. We will alert you to any issues the house may have. This will allow you to make the necessary repairs to get your home ready to sell. As a buyer, an inspection will inform you of issues you may want to discuss with the seller.
Additional Inspection Services
Gateway Home Inspection Services provides a wide range of additional services to help aid in the home buying process:
- Roof Inspection
- Sewer Inspection
- Radon Testing
- Termite Inspection
- Mold Inspection
- Fireplace Inspection
- Swimming Pool Inspection
- HVAC Inspection
Some examples of our additional inspection services include:
- Roof Inspection – We will inspect your roof for damage and other potential issues. The traditional method of getting up on your roof to inspect it still works, but it can be dangerous. Therefore, we offer drone roof inspections as well. Gateway Home Inspection Services is here to answer your questions and respond to any concerns you may have regarding your roof.
- Radon Testing – The number one defense against the dangers of radon is to have your home inspected. Gateway Home Inspection Services will help protect you and your family against these dangers by testing the radon levels in your home. By employing advanced testing equipment, we can accurately measure radon levels and help you understand the risks and ways to avoid this potential danger.
- Mold Inspection – When you schedule your appointment, we will begin with a thorough inspection of your entire property. We will use special tools like thermal imaging cameras and moisture meters to identify any problem areas. We will also take air samples and send them to an independent lab to be tested. Once we receive the lab results and report, we will notify you via email or whatever method is best for you.
- Termite Inspection – Termite infestations can cause a tremendous amount of damage to a home. However, a termite inspection can catch the problem before it becomes a more severe issue. Our professional termite inspectors have performed countless home inspections. We protect home-sellers, homebuyers, and real estate professionals from the havoc termites and other pests can wreak on a home. Our clients in St. Louis depend on us to find damage to their homes and prevent further termite problems.
What Is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is an objective visual examination of a house’s systems and physical structure, from the roof down to the foundation. A single-family home inspection typically takes 2-4 hours to complete. However, this is heavily contingent on the size and condition of the house. After the inspector inspects the home, the client will receive an inspection report, usually within 24-48 hours.
What Does a Home Inspection Include?
The report will include the inspector’s findings, including pictures, analysis, and recommendations. The standard home inspection report will consist of the condition of the following:
- HVAC system
- Interior plumbing system
- Electrical system
- Roof, attic, and visible insulation
- Walls, ceilings, floors
- Windows and doors
- Foundation, basement, and structural components
If some areas are inaccessible or unsafe, the inspector will explain why he could not assess that specific area or system. Examples of this situation include if the roof is too steep or some other area has poor structural integrity.
Why Is an Inspection Necessary for a Homebuyer?
Buying a home is a significant investment. A home inspection will identify the necessity for any significant repairs, as well as the need for maintenance to keep it in good shape. A home inspection gives homebuyers a better understanding of their prospective house and helps them confidently purchase their new home.
A home inspection is also a good idea for the seller. It can allow them to make necessary repairs to ensure the house is in the best selling condition.
What If the Inspection Shows There are Problems?
It’s important to keep in mind that no house is perfect, and each home inspection will pinpoint some issue with the property. A home inspection seeks to give the client a more in-depth understanding of their prospective home. The client must be fully aware of any issues, risks, or health concerns that may affect their decision. The inspector isn’t there to tell the client to buy or not buy the house; they are there to inform. The homebuyer may want to negotiate with the seller to make repairs or cover their costs if significant issues are uncovered.
Gateway Home Inspection Services
At Gateway Home Inspection Services, our home inspections are extensive and detailed, but our reports are easy to read and comprehensive. We inspect everything from your roof, siding, windows, decks, patios, garages, crawlspaces, living spaces, attics, electrical system, and much more.